Hispanic Center of Excellence
Cordially invites you to a reception introducing
Scholar’s Circle - Celebrating our diversity, enjoying our commonalities
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
Kiewit Auditorium - UA Cancer Center
Take Charge of Your Career - Leaders share lessons learned
Panel will provide insights about the expectations, challenges and tips for success in healthcare fields and will include different perspectives from the four Health Science Colleges:
- Francisco Moreno, M.D., Associate Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion
- Roberta Diaz Brinton, Ph.D., Director, Center for Innovation in Brain Science
- Jorge Gomez M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Vice President Translational Research in Special Populations, Associate Director Center for Elimination of Border Health Disparities
- Elizabeth Hall-Lipsy, J.D., M.P.H., Program Manager - Health Disparities Initiatives and Community Outreach
- Marylyn Morris McEwen, PhD, RN, Professor, Gladys E. Sorensen Endowed Professor for Research
- William Rappaport, M.D., F.A.C.S., Assistant Dean, Medical Student Career Development
Scholar’s Circle is an inclusive space to explore challenges, successes, research or interest in Hispanic or Border Health and in diversifying the healthcare profession. Come enjoy networking, discussion, and refreshments. Bring at least five business cards to share.